8.03.2016

Webele Uganda

1:52 PM Posted by nick mucci 1 comment
As I sit in this air conditioned coffee shop, an FCA Staff favorite, my heart and mind are with the
many friends and family I gained while in Uganda.  I sat down to write about my experience, the growth God had caused within me, and my heart and mind are with the many friends and family I gained while in Uganda.  I have so many stories to share about the team I had the opportunity to travel with, how God used them, how God shook them; and my heart and mind are with the many friends and family I gained while in Uganda. There are not words nor space to tell their stories in one post; so maybe this becomes a continued post.  But as those who might take time to read this blog could tell you, I haven't been the best at writing series posts...

Sarah Nambawa
The mission and vision of FCA rolled off her tongue.  It was clear that it was not just an organizational passion; but one that Sarah held deeply.  A national hero, an athlete who was featured on the front page of the local paper just the week before, she stood before athletes and coaches and declared the mission and vision of FCA with conviction and passion.  No one could doubt that it was hers as well.  I have found a sister who inspires me greatly.  She leads her team in an amazing ways.  A team that is not paid, but it was clear they would rally around her and FCA because it was a mission and vision that they held deeply as well.  Sarah and I had many opportunities to talk about ministry; about serving and loving coaches and athletes.  We also had many opportunities to laugh with one another and rejoice with one another.  I will miss Sarah greatly. She is most definitely my sister. It was an honor to serve alongside her.  I pray she received encouragement and challenge from me; as I did from her.

Alan Nyago
One of Sarah's teammates; local to the community we spent most of our time in.  Alan, a man who's story and calling reflected much of my own.  A pastor and a coach, who coached multiple sports and worked alongside Sarah.  His stories of coaching clearly exposed him as a 3 Dimensional Coach.  As I walked Alan and Sarah through pieces of the 3D curriculum, his eyes and heart would light up.  You could see how much it resonated deeply within him. We enjoyed sharing coaching stories and our heart to see God transform the culture of sports to be a place of hope, belonging and a reflection of kingdom culture.

Emma 
This young man is legit. The son of a peasant farmer.  The son of a King.  A community leader who joined us as we led sports camps.  A young man who shared his testimony as if he had been speaking for years.  His ability to connect with the young people at the schools was evident.  The love and respect each of these children had for him was clear and obvious. I greatly enjoyed sitting with he and his father (coming soon), sharing hope and love with one another.  Every moment spent with Emma was a gift.  As we sat in his family's home the final day, they had gifts they wanted to give to us.  As I looked at the different bracelets on the table, I grabbed Emma's arm to study his and told him; I want mine to match yours.  Oh, to be like Emma, that would be a gift.

Philip
Emma's Father. A Holy man.  As we walked to their home on the final day, I said to one of the students, I feel as if we are walking to meet with the holy man.  My heart was anticipating the words and heart of God to meet with us through him because of his unbelievable obedience and connection with our creator.  Early in the week, our team leader asked about the growth in his family, the 3 children that had been added to their home in the last 6 months since they had seen them.  His response, "If I see children in need and do nothing; I am sinning against God." Mic drop. 'Nuff said.  The thought that I don't have enough space to continue to provide safety for kids seems silly.  Philip spoke so much hope and joy into our team.  It was abundantly clear as we sat in his home, that it had become our home.  That being with him was being with a holy man of God, a man whom God had chosen to reveal his greatness and glory through.


There are many more, and not enough words to type...but again to those who became family and friends...Webele for sharing yourselves with me...

1 comments: