4.03.2012

i don't run

4:48 PM Posted by nick mucci , 6 comments
i hate running.  my mother-in-law recently ran a marathon and both she and my father-in-law have run half marathons and competed in triathlons.  not my thing...like, not even a little bit.  i'd start running down the street and stop half-way and ask myself, why am i doing this?  why am I running to run?  send a rottweiler after me, ok, i think i'll run, even without a ball.  But run...just to run?!  Fuhgettaboudit.

Now...this...this is intriguing.  One, cause there are dudes with big sticks that try to take you out plus there is mud and fire involved.  and you know, there's this connection...

a 5k obstacle course?  alright, i'm in.  not this june...yeah right, i would probably die before then.  but next year, absolutely, I'm absolutely doing the Spartan Sprint.  so, I'm doing this live, for all 3 of my readers to comment on.  I'm doing the Spartan Sprint next year.  i believe we are called to do things together, that even an event like this shouldn't be done in isolation.  what i need is encouragement and accountability.  so, to all of you who read this or see me on the daily...make sure what i put into my body makes this a possibility.

so it's on. And, I plan on yelling "This is Sparta!" at least five times during the race....

6 comments:

Ryan said...

You're better off running. I've seen videos of that thing - more specifically, I've seen videos of the people who finish it. You're a tough dude, but that race is just insane.

nick mucci said...

Ryan, I will pretend you are the dude that gets kicked down the hole when I yell...THIS IS SPARTA!

aemucci said...

Lol all 3 readers

Unknown said...

2 1/2 months is enough time to get in decent enough shape to finish this! It's going to be awesome. I love the fact that it's 3 miles too. Sparta!

nick mucci said...

ha...Keith, i wish....you haven't seen me in a while brother :)

Beck and Chris said...

We did a Super Spartan (8miles) back in Sept and loved it, but it rocked our world! Felt very accomplished when we crossed that finish line- we made the video clip - right at the end, it's us crossing the finish line- covered in mud but loving life!!
Def do it!

http://spartanrace.tv/?v=5tczR2MjqhuZyjtJgO4ZgQmW1N7Hcy13